Dear Sierra Nevada visitors and residents,
Visitation is humming along at a good clip. We ask the visitors of the Sierra Nevada to follow the COVID-19 guidelines provided by the local county health department and the respective state.
The Inyo National Forest, Tahoe National Forest, Devils Postpile National Monument, and Manzanar National Historic Site are fully open or have a modified schedule. The Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest Ranger Stations are not open. ESIA is following the state of California and local county COVID-19 health restrictions for bookstore operation.
National Forest Service Partners
- Eastern Sierra Interagency Visitor Center (Lone Pine) – Open daily from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- White Mountain Visitor Center (Bishop) – Open Thursday through Monday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Closed 12-1 for lunch.
- Schulman Grove Visitor Center (Bristlecone) – Open Thursday through Sunday from 10 am – 5 pm.
- Mammoth Lakes Visitor Center (Mammoth Lakes) – Open daily from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Mono Basin Scenic Area Visitor Center (Lee Vining) – Open Thursday through Sunday 8:30 am-4:30 pm.
- Tahoe National Forest Ranger Station locations (Camptonville, Nevada City, Foresthill, Sierraville, and Truckee) are open Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm.
- Humboldt-Toiyabe Ranger Station (Bridgeport) – Open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
National Park Service Partners
- Devils Postpile National Monument is Open for the Season.
- Manzanar National Historic Site visitor center and bookstore are open Thursday through Monday from 9:00am – 4:30pm. Closed Tuesday and Wednesday. NEW HOURS JULY 1, OPEN EVERYDAY 9:00am – 4:30pm. The site is open daily from dawn until dusk.
Our online store is open so that you can purchase books and other items for gifts, reading, and to support planning for your future travel to the Sierra Nevada. Our membership and donation program provides a discount for purchases and further supports ESIA.
We look forward to seeing you on your visit.