We are hiring!
Retail Bookstore Manager
The Eastern Sierra Interpretive Association is currently seeking an experienced retail store manager for our bookstore at the Mammoth Lakes Visitor Center.
This is a full-time year-round position including benefits (health/dental/vision insurance, paid leave, and others). Hours of work are typically 40 hours per week. Hourly pay range is $19 – $22, commensurate with experience.
- Provide exceptional customer service in a retail environment
- Maintain adequate inventory levels, stocking, ordering, and tracking, including decisions about stocking levels, obsolescence, and seasonality
- Manage Point of Sale system for credit card processing, cash payments, etc., including ensuring accuracy of prices, on-hand inventory, and securing assets
- Manage sales associates, including training, scheduling, performance reviews, communication, and workplace issues
- Prepare store financials, including weekly sales reports, orders, and biweekly cash deposits
- Create appealing merchandise displays and exhibits, with a focus on education
- Provide quality information to walk-in visitors about the Eastern Sierra as part of the Visitor Center
- Work collaboratively with other ESIA employees, USDA Forest Service staff, U.S. National Park Service staff, and Bureau of Land Management staff
- Maintain orderly and clean workplace, including minor housekeeping
- Previous experience in a fast-paced retail environment required (at least 3 years preferred)
- Previous experience with cash handling and inventory management required
- Previous experience supervising hourly employees required
- Excellent communication skills required, including the ability to speak with non-native English speakers. Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- Pleasant and upbeat manner required in interacting with all visitors
- Ability to multi-task in a busy store, interacting with customers and answering questions
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Flexibility and tolerance for change a must
- Knowledge about local sights and events preferred or a passion to learn about the Eastern Sierra
Our mission is to educate and inspire people about Eastern Sierra public lands through high-quality interpretive products, exhibits, and programs. We operate outstanding bookstores, cooperate with our public land management partners to operate successful visitor centers, and provide high-quality interpretive programs, exhibits, and publications throughout the Eastern Sierra. We do all this to educate and inspire people about this region, to encourage them to get to know the area better, and to enable everyone to be effective stewards of these resources.
Retail Sales Associate
The Eastern Sierra Interpretive Association is looking for seasonal retail associates at multiple bookstore locations: White Mountain Visitor Center (Bishop), Mammoth Lakes Visitor Center, Schuman Grove (Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest, Big Pine), and Eastern Sierra Interagency Visitor Center (Lone Pine). Our seasonal operations typically are April through October. Ideal candidates possess a passion for the Eastern Sierra, enjoy talking to people, and have an interest in learning more about our region.
This is an entry-level seasonal position. Hourly pay range is $14 -$17.
- Provide exceptional customer service and assist visitors by providing quality information about the Eastern Sierra
- Cash handling, ringing up customers, opening and/or closing Square Point of Sale System
- Receiving product, labeling, stocking shelves
- Recruit customers to join our ESIA membership program
- Work in collaboration with other ESIA staff members, USDA Forest Service staff, Bureau of Land Management staff, and U.S. National Park Service staff
- Perform basic housekeeping such as sweeping/mopping floors, dusting surfaces, washing windows, cleaning restrooms, or making minor repairs to equipment/furnishings
- And perform other duties as assigned
Our mission is to educate and inspire people about Eastern Sierra public lands through high-quality interpretive products, exhibits, and programs. We operate outstanding bookstores, cooperate with our public land management partners to operate successful visitor centers, and provide high-quality interpretive programs, exhibits, and publications throughout the Eastern Sierra. We do all this to educate and inspire people about this region, to encourage them to get to know the area better and to enable everyone to be effective stewards of these resources.
Bureau of Land Management Campground Host
Looking for a summer job with unbeatable views?? Click here to apply for a position with our partners at the Bureau of Land Management, Bishop Field Office, as a campground host at Tuttle Creek!